OLD CELLARS & SPARKLING
1-2 persons € 490 total, 3-4 € 680 total in a sedan, 4-5 people or more upon inquiry
Welcome to the region of Espumante, the Portuguese version of Champagne.
Two hours from Lisbon, the Bairrada wine area boasts a smooth climate and excellent soil allowing for our amazing espumantes, rich reds and delicate aromatic whites.
Some of the cellars are carved in the rock where thousands of bottles wait years for their opportunity to be part of a celebration.
The region is famous one of its dishes so desired families drive there just for lunch.
You can choose between a traditional dish in one of the many excellent local village restaurants or in Buçaco Palace Hotel, an XIX century delight.
Lunch is at your discretion so as to allow a full range of gastronomical options (not included).
Send us a message or call +351 912495005
We accept cash, credit cards or PayPal.
If you are already in Portugal and need an immediate booking please text or call us at +351 912495005
- – Pick-up/drop-off in Lisbon
- – Private tour
- – Wine tasting
- – Toll and Fuel costs
- – Free time for lunch and to visit sites
- – Meals & drinks
- – Entrance fees
- – Personal expenses (souvenirs, etc)
- – Suggested pick up and drop of time: 9 am – 5 pm / Location: your hotel
- – Walking required
- – Time and locations are adaptable to accommodate your schedule
- – This is a private tour for you and your travel companions only
- – Transfers also available: please see our transfer tab or click here
- – Book today using our advance calendar below
- – For immediate booking, text or call at +351 912495005
- “Tours by Jorge is absolutely amazing!” 5 of 5 stars Jorge is very professional, kind, knowledgeable and made my experience the best. Jorge is very respectable and a true gentleman. During the drives, Jorge gave very interesting history lessons on the beautiful country of Portugal and the towns that we visited. He stopped at various historic sites and allotted enough time to walk around, sightsee, take pictures and enjoy the moment. I fell in love with Lisbon and I know that Tours by Jorge made this happen. Jorge took us to some of the hidden gems of this beautiful country. I am forever grateful and will definitely be back to visit! I highly recommend Tours by Jorge to anyone visiting Portugal!Isabel SUSA
- “A classy gentleman” 5 of 5 stars I just spent two days touring with Jorge....to Fatima and to Sintra. Very knowledgable, very courteous, an excellent and careful driver. His love of his country is obvious and he went out of his way to show me as much of it as we could fit in within our two day window. Very easy to understand, his English was excellent. On parts of the tour I was left to explore on my own. I liked that, particularly in Fatima, although others might prefer a guide that accompanies them every step of the way. I would definitely book with Jorge again. Quiet, humble, attentive. A gentleman.Stu WGrants Pass, Oregon, USA
- “Portugal Day Trip” 5 of 5 stars Tours by Jorge was the perfect way to see some of the main site for our family. Our driver was perfect and knew all the great places to go. She was knowledgeable about the areas history and was able to make it relatable for us and what we were seeing. I would totally recommend Jorge and his group to anyone who is planning a trip Portugal.Brad MKirkland, Washington, United States
- Tours by Jorge catered perfectly to our family tours. Jorge took us on several day trips including Sintra, Lisbon, wine tasting and southern coastal adventures. My husband and I enjoyed the depth of history instilled during the tours and our younger daughter enjoyed the balanced fun that was sprinkled though out. Everyone's needs were addressed and taken care of. Whether you design your own tour or leave it up to Tours by Jorge rest assured you will come away from your day feeling well taken care and richer for the experience. Jorge is professional, personable and easy to work with. Do yourself a favor and leave the logistics to Tours by Jorge, sit back and enjoy Portugal!Julia KSeattle, Washington
- “Amazing journeys in Portugal!” 5 of 5 stars Jorge is extremely knowledgable about his beautiful country. He took us on a historical and cultural tour of Lisbon, including a night of Fado. Then down through the Alentejo and all along the sunny Algarve. Everywhere we went, he dropped us into amazing rural tourism locations. From there we could do our own exploring too. He guided us to amazing local restaurants, wineries, beaches, surf waves, and so much more. Having someone who speaks the language is incredibly helpful! I highly recommend Tours by Jorge for any type of trip you're seeking...Martha SLos Angeles, California
- “The right way to Enjoy Portugal” 5 of 5 stars To whom ever reads this. I have lived in and visited many countries and I don't like wasting time and money when I go to new locations. Bus tours are good in some cases but there is nothing like this personalised tour offered here. Not only is Jorge a good and safe driver he is well informed about the sites and locations around Portugal. My wife and I decided to take a trip with Jorge and never experienced such anticpated requirements and professionalism. The car is luxurious and well kept and he ensures safety at any location you visit. Including where and what to eat in remote locations. We took his Fatima tour and diverted to a site which was not originally on track and where busses do not go. This was great! Not having to navigate sites based on # of people on a bus or schedules was also a very attractive component of this service. I would not hesitate to do this type of tour and with Jorge over the bus tour. The cost overall when you consider convenience and time is actually better than the bus tours offered. Do not think twice. Well done Jorge! Keep up the good work. You are doing your country proud.Gary UStavanger, Norway
- “Best private tour guide” 5 of 5 stars Jorge met us at the airport, and made our 5 days in Portugal so easy and relaxing. Jorge was professional, knowledgeable and knew so many greats facts and history about the area. We so enjoyed our trip to Sintra. He surprised us with a special private wine tour, suggested a fabulous place for lunch, and showed us all the sites of the region. A perfect combination to make this a trip of a lifetime!Vheryl CSan Luis Obispo, California
- “Private Tour” 5 of 5 stars We wanted to see Lisbon but knew it'd be too difficult to navigate on our own so we chose Tours by Jorge because it didn't need to be a whole group, he was very accommodating and flexible and we couldn't have asked for more, he is informative and ever threw in a special treat of cherry liquor. We wanted to feel the culture of Portugal and he gave it and ended it with an excellent lunch at Atasca in Cascai! We highly recommend Tours by Jorge!GypsybugRocklin, CA
- “Excellent Service and Value” 5 of 5 stars All day trip to Lisbon castle, center, Jesus monument, and Fatima went very smoothly with Jorge. Car was spacious and clean, and he was very accommodating to all our needs, including the two children. Provided us a phone to call him whenever we needed him back to pick us up that day, and he was super timely. Thanks for a great tour! We loved it.AbuYara614